The Mandte of Krishi Vigyan Kendra is technology Assessment and demonstration for its application and capacity Development to implement the mandate effectively the following activities are envisaged for Krishi Vigyan Kendra.
- On farm testing to assess the location specificityoa agriculatrual technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmer’s fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills and modern agriculture technologies.
- To work as knowledge and Resource centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public private and voluntary sectors in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and others, media means on varied subjects of interventions to farmers.
In addition Krishi Vigyan Kendra would produce quality technologies products (Seed, Planting material, Bio-agents, live stock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identity and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programmes within mandate of Krishi Vigyan Kendra.